The global operations of 18 ships from Princess Cruises will now pause for 2 months. The sailing was not expected to continue until the 10th and may act as per the unpredictable circumstances which have been generated all over the world due to Covid-19.
The president of Princess Cruises, Jan Swartz said that it had been widely known that they have been managing all the implications of Covid-19 in two countries. Princess Cruises are known for the global holiday company, and they serve more than 50,000 guests daily from 70 countries as part of their diverse business.
The intention behind this decision is to reassure their loyal guests, global stakeholders, and the team members of their commitment to the well-being, health, and safety of everyone who sails with them. This has been the bold action taken which reassures their commitment to those who do business with them, countries, and the communities they visit all around the world.
More than 700 cases were recorded onboard the vessel mooring in Yokohama near Tokyo at one of the Princess’ ships, Diamond Princess, which was at the epicentre of the outbreak. To avoid the disruption of the onward travel arrangements, the cruise line said that the ongoing trip would be ended in the next five days, and it will continue to sail as per the expected till the end of the itinerary.
The current voyages will be extended until March 17, and they are under the way. It will be ended at the most convenient location with all the requirements factored and safety of the guests.
The statement includes that Princess will take care in every possible way and will do everything to return each guest home safely. The services for the guest and the crew on board will be provided all the medical care, and their operations and medical terms across the fleet will remain vigilant in their care during this time.
The princess has offered to refund their guests 100% of the money paid for the cancelled cruise.